First Post!


Introduction


Today is the last day of my second week working here at the Polin Museum! It's a Wednesday today, but tomorrow is a national holiday and I have Friday off, so I get an extra long weekend. I think I'm going to use the weekend to take a day trip to Krakow and explore the old town of Warsaw. 

Last week, I went on a tour of the Museum, including the restaurant, resource center and museum gift shop. The resource center is really cool, it has tons of testimonies of genocide survivors and interviews with them. Just watching one would take a few hours and they have thousands. You can filter through the results to find very sepcific demographic details and experiences. I also went through the core exhibit and the temporary exhibit, both of which are really cool. The core exhibit is massive, and takes 3 or 4 hours to go through, but it's full of interactive multimedia corners and has beautiful graphics. I'll upload pictures of both exhibits in a separate post.

Yesterday, I went on a couple of tours with guides from the museum. One was to the Gdanski Railway Station, where a lot of Polish Jews were sent out of Poland from, and a site of many permanent goodbyes. The Polin Museum commisioned murals there, to celebrate notable Polish Jews that were expelled, and I'll stop pictures of that too.

Comments

Popular Posts